Following the Government’s announcement on Saturday 31st October, it is with regret that all Indoor Bowls Clubs will have to close from 00.01 on Thursday 5th November 2020.
This will mean that Clubs last permitted sessions will be the evening of 4th November. The National Lockdown will be in place until Wednesday 2nd December 2020, at the earliest.
The Government will be providing support to businesses during the period of the lockdown through the Local Restrictions Support Grant and its extension of the Job Retention Scheme.
Businesses required to close in England due to local or national restrictions will be eligible for the following:
- For properties with a rateable value of £15k or under, grants to be £1,334 per month, or £667 per two weeks;
- For properties with a rateable value of between £15k-£51k grants to be £2,000 per month, or £1,000 per two weeks;
- For properties with a rateable value of £51k or over grants to be £3,000 per month, or £1,500 per two weeks.
Job Retention Scheme
- This extended Job Retention Scheme will operate as the previous scheme did, with businesses being paid upfront to cover wages costs. There will be a short period when we need to change the legal terms of the scheme and update the system and businesses will be paid in arrears for that period.
- The CJRS is being extended until December. The level of the grant will mirror levels available under the CJRS in August, so the government will pay 80% of wages up to a cap of £2,500 and employers will pay employer National Insurance Contributions (NICs) and pension contributions only for the hours the employee does not work.
- As under the current CJRS, flexible furloughing will be allowed in addition to full-time furloughing.
- The Job Support Scheme will be introduced following the end of the CJRS.
We will provide further updates to our Member Clubs, Counties and bowlers as and when new information is available during the National Lockdown.
Chief Executive - EIBA